Monday, August 10, 2009

Assignment 1. Sould I stay or Should I go?

1. What motivates immigrants to come to the United States (today)? Consider what they lose and what they can gain in your argument.
2. Thousands of Europeans chose to move to the British colonies. Some for economic reasons and some for freedoms. If you decided to immigrate somewhere, would you move for economic reasons or for freedom?
* Write your response as a blog post. Be sure that your response addresses both questions above and is a minimum of 6-8 sentences. Use proper grammar, capitalization, etc. Give your post an appropriate title. After you publish your post, notify Mrs. Siegmund so she can grade it and award your points. *20 possible points.


The immigrants come to the United States for more work resources.

I would move for the economic reasons so I have a variety of job choices that I can choose from.
I would move for the freedom because that I have plenty of space to roam around, like downtown.
United States has good jobs and immigrants want to get a better job.

Immigrants who have lose there family could move to the United States.
We have a good economy.

1 comment:

  1. You've made very good points. The organization of your responses needs rearranging.

    As is 16/20 points. I can help you edit this post for more points if you want.

    ReplyDelete